1. Chemical composition of pollen:
Pollen is the male reproductive cells of plants and a food contains more protein, vitamins and mineral salts for honeybees. Chemical composition of pollen include:
- Protein 10-25%, 30%, fat 4.5%, water <10%. Pollen contains approximately 21 amino acid, amino acids have no alternative, and some less common amino acids as homoxerin acid, gamma-aminodipic.
- Pollen contains many kinds enzine as: sacaraza, phophataza, catalaza, koninaza, diastaza, investaza, pepsin, trypsin, lipaza.
- Pollen particularly rich in mineral substances and has 27 elements and because of the amount of magnesium, calcium, potassium, copper, iron, silicon, phosphorus, sulfur, chlorine, manganese, ...
2. How to harvest and preliminary pollen:
Per man harvesting pollen 200-300g per day and can get around a 5kg / forums. To harvest pollen bee put out the front of the grid, the bottom tray mounted chalk holder, when he went to work on the drainage network go through pollen, the pollen in the two legs will fall to the gutters. Do bees carry pollen on normal humidity, water content up to 30-40%, so the ingredients are easy targets of fermentation, decomposition and damage. To be preserved long dried pollen harvested in the day. The law generally applicable are:
+ Using equipment dry pollen grinder with vacuum. Dried at low temperatures so the color and quality targets are to ensure quality standards.
Pollen preserved in DRUM, can plastic in cool place (0 - 4oC) and should not exceed one year storage.
3. The use of pollen:
Pollen treatment for growth retardation, rickets and anemia in children. Children are eating pollen 1-2 consecutive months the number of red blood cells will increase significantly.
Pollen used in combination with royal jelly and security for children and adolescents, adults tired by overwork and the treatment of cancer, tuberculosis.
The pollen is more abundant elements such as vitamins, enzyme, hormone, as the quality and especially high nutritional value so it is used to make the daily diet, making cakes and nutritious food, especially for diet.